Enforcement in Intellectual Property is always a topic of interest for trademark owners, foreign firms and attorneys. During the seminar, we will address not only general issues on enforcement, but also tips to avoid litigation as well as highlights on preliminary injunctions, damages and recent case law in the mentioned countries.
- Main aspects on enforcement
- Tips to avoid litigation
- Court System and Procedure
- Preliminary injunctions
- Usual timeframe and costs to litigate; Anti-counterfeiting
- Recent Case Law
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- In-house IP lawyers from companies of several areas (automotive, clothing, electronics, etc.)
- Intellectual property professionals on IP firms (such as trademark attorneys, lawyers specialized in litigation, etc.).
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Global Account Manager | Clarke, Modet & Cº Brazil
Jansen has large experience in intellectual property and on Brazilian courts and also in legal advice on agreements involving licensing of patents, trademarks, software, industrial designs and copyrights as well as transfer of technology agreements.
He began his professional career at Dannemann, Siemsen, Bigler y Ipanema Moreira as a lawyer specialized in intellectual property in 1999. He acquired post-graduation decree in Intellectual Property in 2001. In 2002, he joined the law firm Daniel Advogados and in 2006 he was invited to be a partner of the firm. In 2012, he joined Clarke, Modet & Co. as Head of the Trademark and Legal Department and led the team until late 2015. In 2016, he was nominated one of the firm’s Global Account Manager, as a manager of the main international clients accounts.